Annual Congregational Meeting
Date: April 23, 2017
Agenda for the Annual Congregational Meeting of
St John the Baptist, Wimbledon to be held on Sunday 23 April 2017
at 11.30am at St John’s Church
1. Apologies for absence
2. Minutes of the Annual Congregational Meeting held on Sunday 17 April 2016
3. Vicar’s Report
4. Wardens’ Report
5. Treasurer’s report and accounts for the year ending 31 December 2016
6. Reports on
- Buildings and works
- Church Committee
7. Officeholders, committee members for 2017-2018 and PCC reps
b) Church Committee members
8. Any other business
Notes to agenda:
Re item 7:
- Wardens: Graham Crofts and Julia Popham are willing to stand for re-election and election respectively
- Church Committee: since the last annual congregational meeting Simon Cossins has been co-opted with effect from 1 January 2017 to the Church Committee. Dudley Buchanan is retiring from being warden and from the church committee at this year’s meeting. Jane Bradbury is retiring from being treasurer and from the church committee at this year’s meeting. At this time Catherine Davies, Ursula Edwards, Chris Jolly and Averil Williams are also retiring from the committee.
Those willing to serve on the Church Committee for 2017-2018 are:
Jane Austin, Sally Bisson, Rosie Boome, Ken Boyt, Johnny Bruce, Simon Cossins (and also to serve as Treasurer), Graham Crofts (while also serving as Warden), Charlie Ellis, Julia Popham (while also serving as Warden) Zillah Stone (and also to serve as Secretary) and Nicola Wallis.
Michael Higgins and Sally Carter-Esdale, are invited to attend Church Committee meetings because of being Director of Music and Licensed Reader respectively.
The two wardens attend the Wimbledon Team PCC meetings, as does Bruce as incumbent.
Re item 8 Any other business – Please inform Bruce in advance of any items you wish to raise under this agenda item.